Friday, January 25, 2013

Boys are just trouble!


Today Levi, my barely one year old, got stuck in the bathroom. My only guess... He crawled in there, looked behind the door, accidentally closed it by leaning on it. He didn't worry about it and moved on to his favorite bathroom activity. Brushing his teeth. (This requires climbing onto the step stool and hanging on to the counter for dear life!) Next,  he opened the drawer to find his toothbrush (and Chapstick, combs, floss, etc). 
This is when the problems started. He can't get off the stool, he usually whines for help. I heard him whine, went to the bathroom and couldn't open the door, even though it was obviously not locked. I pushed harder, nothing.  Then I pushed really hard, nothing! I knew exactly what the problem was...  When the bathroom drawer is open the door can't open!  I tried telling him to close the drawer, which was pointless. When the crying got louder I tried yelling at him to close the drawer, which was even more pointless! I looked under the door and couldn't see his feet, which is how I knew he was on the stool. Then I tried pushing the door really hard to try to see in. I caught a small glimpse of his hands clinging to the counter and to his tooth brush. I tried everything I could think of, no luck. With reinforcements on the way, I was seriously considering having to break the door, but couldn't figure out how to make sure Levi would be out of the way. Then our miracle happened... After 35 minutes of him screaming,  multiple phone calls, treats and colorful cards shoved under the door (to encourage him to get off the stool),  a yard stick, 2 marshmallow guns reassembled, a Swiffer handle, video taken under the door to assess the situation and absolutely no progress. Levi closed the drawer and I was able to go in and comfort my traumatized one year old. 
Oh what a morning! Glad he is safe and seems to have gotten over it... after all he was back at the counter again this afternoon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment